This Bluetooth dongle is compatible with LXNAV V7/S7/S8/S80/S10/S100 as well as any LX 8xxx/9xxxx version which has a PDA port in the back.
- Plug it into the PDA port on your LXNAV device
- Turn the LXNAV device on and wait for 20 seconds
- Run SeeYou Navigator
- Go to Menu > Devices
- Pair the “Naviter BLE” dongle
No configuration is required on the Dongle for LXNAV. Simply plug it into the PDA port, start the flight instrument, enable its Bluetooth module and Naviter BT Dongle will become visible after a few seconds. The moment it becomes visible as a Bluetooth device, it is ready to transmit data over Bluetooth Low Energy and Bluetooth 2.0 protocols.
- LXNAV device must have NMEA output enabled in Settings > Hardware > Comm.
- PDA Bauderate on the same page must be set 115200 bps or less (19200 is recommended. Slower speed is more reliable and has greater reach)
- Dongle must be connected directly to the PDA port on the back of the LXNAV device. If it is not, full functionality is not guaranteed.
- LXNAV device must have good GPS reception when you test. If it didn’t have good GPS for several minutes, turn it off and on in a place where it will have good GPS quickly.
Renaming the Dongle
In an environment where several dongles are visible to SeeYou Navigator, such as in the club and at a competition, giving your Dongle a unique name is a good idea. Renaming the Naviter Bluetooth Dongle is easy with SeeYou Navigator.
- Run SeeYou Navigator.
- Go to Menu > Devices.
- Make sure “Naviter BLE” is paired and connected.
- Tap on “Naviter BLE” device to open the menu.
- Choose “Rename dongle”
- Enter any name that will uniquely identify the dongle, then click Save.
Choose a short and easy name to recognize for the Naviter Bluetooth Dongle. Competition sign, glider registration or device type is a good choice in most cases.
If you choose “D-7111” as the new name of your Dongle, it will broadcast its name as
- “Naviter D-7111 BLE” in SeeYou Navigator
- “Naviter D-7111 BT20” on Oudie
You will enjoy flying with the Naviter Bluetooth Dongle.
LxNav Dongle pinout:
5: RX, Receive to Dongle
6: TX, Transmit from Dongle
8: VCC (5V)