Oudie 2 and Oudie IGC is delivered with a variety of cables and converters which enable you to connect Oudie to your almost any logger “out of the box”:
1. Power and data cable
It provides power to Oudie and (optionally) to the device which is connected to the RJ45 connector.
It has three connectors:
1. mini USB connector must be connected to Oudie
2. black and red cable must be connected to 12V power supply (red is 12V, black is ground). Allowed input voltage is 10-30V.
3. RJ45 connector with standard IGC pinout where:
- pins 1 and 2 = +12V (anything between 10-30V is ok)
- pin 3 and 4 = Not connected
- pin 5 = Receive to Oudie
- pin 6 = Transmit from Oudie
- pins 7 and 8 = Ground
Use directly with these devices: Swiss Flarm, Volkslogger, K6 Mux, VW1150
2. RJ 45 Female/Female Gender Changer
This connector can be used for extending the 8-wires cable using another RJ45 connector (for example ethernet cable). It can also be used to connect RJ12 connector with 6-wires cable which can be used for data communication with Colibri, LX 20/2000, MiniBox, RedBox and other devices using RJ12 connectors.
3. 20 cm cable extension with male RJ12 connectors
This is an extension cable which can be used for both power and data transmission between Oudie and connected device. It must be used together with RJ45 Gender Changer. RJ12 can be plugged into the RJ45 connector on the Gender Changer. The other end is connected with the device. Pins 1 and 8 are not connected when RJ12 cable is connected to the RJ45 Gender Changer. The pinout of the RJ12 connector is than as follows:
- pin 1: +12 V
- pin 2 & 3: Not Connected
- pin 4: Recieve to Oudie
- pin 5: Transmit from Oudie
- pin 6: Ground
Use RJ45 Gender Changer and RJ12 cable extension directly with these devices: Colibri, LX 20/2000, MiniBox, RedBox
4. RJ45->DB9 Male and Female converters
This is a “do-it-yourself” DB9 converter. The converter pinout is free. You can pin any wire from the RJ45 connector to any pin on the DB9 connector.
- LX 5000, LX 7000: Use female DB9 connector: Black -> 2 (Transmit from Oudie), Red -> 3 (Receive to Oudie), Orange -> 5 (Ground)
- GPS-NAV, SN10 Standard RS 232: Use male DB9 connector: Black -> 3 (Transmit from Oudie), Red -> 2 (Receive to Oudie), Orange -> 5 (Ground)
- LX 160 (NOT the “si” version – see the warning below): Use female DB9 connector: Black -> 4 (Transmit from Oudie), Red -> 3 (Receive to Oudie), Orange -> 1 (Ground)
- Zander/SDI GP940 and GP941: Black->3 (Transmit from Oudie), Red->2 (Receive to Oudie), Orange->5 (Ground), Brown->4 (DTR)
WARNING: If you are attempting to connect to devices which provide 5V on any of the pins please make absolutely sure that the pin where the other device provides 5V is not connected to the White or Brown wires (pins 1 and 2 on RJ45). This will cause collision and possibly damage to both connected devices! Take particular care when connecting the following devices: Cambridge 302, LX 7007, LX 1600, LX160si, Nano and others with built-in 12->5V converter. Be especially careful not to plug the standard Oudie and standard Nano cable together because the plugs are compatible but the pinout is not!
RJ45 wire’s colors:
1 = White (+12V)
2 = Brown (+12V)
3 = Yellow
4 = Green
5 = Red (Receive to Oudie)
6 = Black (Transmit from Oudie)
7 = Orange (Ground)
8 = Blue (Ground)
The following cables are available as optional accessories:
1. CAI 302 Cable
Connects all models of Cambridge 302 with Oudie 2 only. This is a direct cable from CAI to Oudie which provides both power and data communication between Oudie and CAI 302.
2. LX Cable
Connects LX 7007, LX 1600, LX 160 si, LX 166 with Oudie. This is a direct cable from CAI to Oudie which provides both power and data communication between Oudie and LX instruments.