SeeYou Navigator has valuable free functionality. Most features work in the free version of the software.
In the free version, SeeYou Navigator enables you to
- Record an IGC file for your flight.
- Record flight in the background (while the screen is off and you are using other apps).
- Customize screen with Navboxes and Widgets.
- Change the size, color, and shape of the Navboxes and Widgets.
- Navigate to Takeoff, last thermal and soaring begin.
- Automatically navigate to takeoff location.
- Select glider and polar.
- Show final glide back to takeoff location.
- Choose safety altitude for final glide.
- Show airspace warning.
- Show Rain Radar
- Keep your logbook synced with SeeYou Cloud.
- Use different map styles.
- Choose Landscape or Portrait screen orientation.
- Share your position to Open Glider Network (OGN).
- Receive positions of others from Open Glider Network (OGN).
- Select units.
- Show compass rose.
The limiations of the free version on Smartphones
Always navigate to Takeoff point.
You can select a new navigation target from Main menu > Target screen or by tapping anywhere map feature. Long tap on the map will navigate to that location even if there is no predefined waypoint in that location.
With the free functionality all of the above will work, but you will not be able to select such location for navigation. The software will always navigate back to the takeoff location.
It is possible to integrate weather from 3rd party weather providers in SeeYou Navigator. These integrations will not work in the free version. You need active subscriptions to weather integration provider as well as SeeYou for this functionality to work.
Bluetooth connection to external devices
SeeYou Navigator is able to connect to external Bluetooth LE devices. They provide sensors input for more precise navigation.
This functionality is limited in the free version. You can connect to an external device, but the connection is reset after 3 minutes.